Abbas K. Gokal, MBA, ESQ.
Abbas Gokal specializes in representing clients in catastrophic personal injury, trust litigation and probate matters. Abbas has been recognized by Super Lawyers and Orange Coast Magazine among the Top 25 Rising Star attorneys in Orange County, and among the Top 100 Rising Star attorneys in Southern California. He has successfully recovered millions of dollars in settlements, trial verdicts and arbitration for his clients.
Abbas is unwilling to let his clients be bullied by defense attorneys and insurance carriers. He and his team prepare for trial on every case from day one. This level of preparedness and dedication sends a clear and direct message to the insurance companies to present a fair and reasonable pre-trial settlement or answer to a jury at trial.
Abbas receives immeasurable personal satisfaction and success from developing close client relationships and using his talent and experience as a trial lawyer to help those who have been harmed by others. For Abbas, the key to successful client relationships comes from taking the time to keep clients informed and educated through each step of the legal process.
- Juris Doctorate (Law Degree) – Suffolk University Law School, Massachusetts
- Master in Business Administration (MBA) – University of Massachusetts, Massachusetts
- Bachelor of Science in Human Biology – State University of New York at Albany, New York
- California Supreme Court
- United States Central District of California
- United States Southern District of California
EXPERIENCES & ASSOCIATIONS
- Barbaro, Gokal Law Group, Inc. Litigation Partner
- Johnson & Johnson (Advanced Sterilization Products), in-house contracts negotiations
- National Business Institute (Institute for Paralegal Education), Probate Process from Start to Finish – Instructor
- Emergency Medical Technician (EMT), five years as both a paid and volunteer first responder
- Orange County Bar Association – Trusts and Estates Section; Tort & Trial Section; Solo/Small Firm Section
- Consumer Attorneys of California, a professional organization made up of attorneys who represent plaintiffs seeking accountability from those who do wrong.
- Orange County Trial Lawyers Association
- Consumer Attorneys of Los Angeles
- ProVisors, a community of professionals who serve their clients as trusted advisors and share the highest standards of integrity, performance and accountability
VOLUNTEER & CHARITABLE ORGANIZATION
Giving back to the community through volunteering and charitable giving is a core value for Abbas and his family. Abbas Gokal was a volunteer First Responder EMT for five years and had the honor to serve at Ground Zero in New York City after 9.11.2001. Abbas and his wife Alison also volunteered their time in New Orleans after hurricane Katrina.
Abbas serves as a member of the Board for Orange County Child Abuse Prevention Center (CAPC), a charitable organization employing more than 120 professional staff committed to ending the cycle of child abuse in Orange County. He has volunteered with this organization for the last five years and in 2015 he had the privilege of serving as the Board’s Chair. Every April, Abbas and Alison join a team of runners who race about 200 miles between Huntington Beach and San Diego in an effort to raise awareness and funds for the cause. Every Christmas, the Gokal family adopts families in need to provide gifts which include basic living necessities. Personally delivering the gifts is a Gokal family tradition.